Abbey England continually aims to improve the environmental effect of its activities, to achieve this we will:
Establish sound environmental management by: -
• Meeting or improving upon relevant legislative, regulatory and environmental codes of practice.
• Developing objectives that target environmental improvements and monitor performance by regular review.
• Considering any environmental issues in the decision-making process.
• Developing a relationship with suppliers and contractors so that we all recognise our environmental responsibilities.
• Educating staff so that they carry out their activities in an environmentally responsible manner.
Provide for the effective use of resources by: -
• Promoting waste minimisation by recycling or finding other uses for by-products whenever economically viable.
• Promoting the efficient use of resources, energy and fuel throughout the organisation’s operations.
Co-operate with: -
• The communities in which we operate.
• The Government, regulatory bodies and other interested parties with the shared vision of being a good and trusted neighbour.